The last couple of months have been a blare. Summer came and gone and suddenly we are ten days in October. I feel I need to put things in order and start prepping for the months ahead. I love cocooning at home during the winter months and I am currently in a serious nesting mode. My business had a serious toll the last couple of months on the blog and the number of posts I posted. I have several drafts saved that I never came around to post. I don’t like neglecting my blog but sometimes life happens and I have to go with the flow.
Even though I am a little late posting my monthly goals, it’s the beginning of a new week and the perfect time to make plans and set goals. But before diving into my October goals, I am sharing a little life update and playing a little catch-up.
- We spent a week in the beautiful island of Kithira as part of our summer vacation at the end of July. This island has unexpectedly become my favorite summer destination. We stayed this time around at the picturesque Avlemonas and loved every moment spent there. Needless to say, we were saddened when the time came to leave.
- Back in March, I posted about the home updates we wanted to do around our house. Well since returning from our summer vacation we tackled each one of the things on our list and loads more. I don’t know how this happened but it just did. We started by replacing our bed mattress and from there to an almost full furniture renovation. I am beyond happy with the end result but there are still a few things to do.
- One of my favorite clients, Rachael Condon, rebranded her website and business last month. A number of projects had to be done before the launch day. However, I couldn’t be happier to be part of Rachael’s team and I am proud of my contribution to her next business endeavor. Visit www.rachaelcondon.com for a nutrition consultation, healthy recipes, tips for a holistic lifestyle and to learn all about essential oils.
- The last couple of months, I have been working on a big project of mine among others. It’s time-consuming but so fun and exciting at the same time. I don’t know how things will go just yet but I am crossing my fingers that everything will work great in the end and in a few weeks time I can share it with all of you.
- I am considering on furthering my education with a mini Masters or a degree. Currently, I am weighing my options in regards to the value of the education programme, time and money I will need to spend. Learning new skills and expanding your knowledge is vital in our changing world.
- I have been adding new pieces to my wardrobe at an alarming pace. I have stumbled upon the most beautiful outwear and shoes and I just had to have them. Thankfully, most pieces were on sale and my bank account didn’t suffer a lot. 💸💸💸 I plan on sharing my recent purchases on the blog soon!
- At the end of the month, I plan a trip back home to visit my mom. It’s been months since we last saw each other even though we talk daily on the phone. I am looking forward to spending time with my family and getting pampered.
- Get back to blogging. I sense you saw that coming! The truth is that I love blogging even though lately, I am struggling with it. They say the comparison is the thief of joy and that is so true. I have been comparing myself a lot lately with other bloggers. I feel I have accomplished nothing after almost five years of blogging and I feel discouraged. This leads to self-doubting and avoiding to post new content. A vicious circle that I feel leads me nowhere. I might not be the most successful blogger but I have a few accomplishments to brag about and I must keep reminding myself that. By showing my face and doing what needs to be done gives me better chances to achieve my goals. In order to get back to blogging, I have to make some changes. For instance, longer pieces like this one will be available in Greek at a later time. Maybe just a few hours or days later depending on my time schedule. This is very important for me since writing each post in two languages is actually like writing two different posts. It takes time and effort. A more cohesive blogging schedule and some design adjustments will definitely help me!
- Wardrobe cleanout. I meant to go through my wardrobe back in August but then life happened and it’s high time I do this. My wardrobe is a mess right now and I have to sort it soon. I bought new wooden hangers for coats and jackets and special ones with clips for my skirts. I plan on recycling old pieces in bad shape, donating, giving away others and finally selling a few designer pieces in pristine condition. Maybe I will sell them through my Instagram Stories. Still debating on this last one.
- Start prepping for the Holidays. I know that the Holidays are weeks away but as a blogger and a Holiday enthusiast, I feel the need to start making plans. A little preparation just on paper will give me a clue of what I have to do and create a budget. Holidays for me usually involve traveling, presents, food and fun activities that require a rather serious budget so no better time to start prepping than now.
- Launch a monthly FREE wallpaper download. Since I am posting my monthly goals a week into October, I can report that this goal was accomplished last week. Every month, I plan to offer a FREE wallpaper download to all my readers. This month’s downloads have exceeded my expectations. Thank you so much for your support! If you haven’t downloaded your October FREE wallpaper download don’t waste any time. Just a little clue it’s Halloween inspired.